This week has been somewhat productive. I kind of worked on a few different things instead of focusing on just the nature art.
I dabbled with my base drawing after a walk inspired me to create this gal.
And I tested different looks for the piece I’ll be donating to my Art Centers upcoming fundraiser. I’m leaning more towards the black spray painted frame and black outlines around the pictures. I think it looks cleaner and makes the pictures stick out more.
And lastly I played around with how I’d like the blog to be set up and what my logo will be for Unfolding the Heart. All I have to do next is try out both of these concepts on the computer.
I think I’m onto a good start. I’m gonna take a break from this Saturday’s post but will be back next Thursday as usual. See ya next week!
This past week I’ve been creating and testing my new craft from last weeks post,”Anime Leaves.”
The top one was done on an actual ginko leaf and the few below where tested in the photo editing program, PicsArt.
I like the look of the drawings on actual leaves better but the lion one turned out pretty good :). The nice thing about the digital ones was that they were easier to make away from home. That and it gave me a better idea of what to draw later.
I’ve learned a lot of what I can and cannot do, what markers to use and ways to flatten the leaves(before & after drawing).
I even tried a way to preserve the leaves after being colored. Modpoge brings the colors out more and allows the leaves to bend without breaking. I received a few ideas of preserving them between glass in a frame too.
I’m not sure how long I’ll test this new idea, but I’m having fun doing something new for now ^_^. I have a feeling it’ll develope into something more soon. 😉
*Oh and before I go, I’ll be posting another post this Saturday. See ya then!